Monday 7 October 2013

The question isn’t why, The question is what


The question isn’t why, The question is what


The thought to start a blog has been solid in my mind for a while now and the delay was caused by my debate on the “why” question. Then after a conversation with my dad that I thought will be longer it hit me that the question is not “why” but “what”. I will explain. I can actually explain stuff that I think now since it is a blog post instead of a Facebook status or tweet. Anyway, the product of the brief discussion with my father was that the question of “why” or “why not” would be around forever but if I could answer the big question of “what” I write would be about and the answer is solid then I am really on to something. And quite frankly there is a quite a bit that I want to write. The next big question was “what” would be the purpose or direction, after all setting off on a journey and not knowing the direction would be pretty stupid and whereas I tend to be known for the more than occasional stupid idea, this I hope is not one of them. So after much thought and much prayer, I just had to pray for direction it was as obvious as it is to look at a map for journey purposes, it hit me. Where am I? In Cyprus. Doing “what”? Studying. Apart from the odd Facebook post and tweet here and there “what” do people know about the life of a Christian, in this case me, studying in North Cyprus? Almost nothing. So… how about I write on my journey in Cyprus. The idea was not half bad if I do say so myself. So this is it. As for “what” I will write, I will write on a couple of events here and there. Things that happen on campus and in class through my eyes, of course. Random thoughts, because I do have quite a number of those. The odd interview with interesting characters, I am at an international universities with over forty different nationalities in one place. The number of interesting character types is borderline ridiculous and this just needs to be shared. As this is the first of quite a few posts and I don’t want people to think I go on and on and on and on I will end with a clarification. Anyone familiar with Richard Belcher’s Journey series might be inclined to think this is similar. ITS NOT. For a few reasons, I would like to be smart and say three or five like a typical Calvinist but in reality I don’t know right now but my fingers will move till I have no point left in my head. I have poor organization skills. Anyway, firstly I am not as good as Mr. Belcher and gave up trying in that field. Secondly, whereas this might have spiritual gleanings into factors of life surround my situation/s it will not be solely that. Thirdly, I have no idea how to do the cover page art for the journeys and a journey without the cover page would just be awkward. Fifthly I see myself as more of a Dink character and imagine the chaos if Dink were given a whole journey series. I will leave the mistake as it is because most likely it won’t be the last so you might as well get used to it now. Now we just hope and pray the journey will be enlightening for all, especially me

No comments:

Post a Comment